what is Graduation Class Gift
An annual appeal to the graduating cohort to make their first gift towards SMU on the occasion of commencement.
100% of the gift will go towards financial aid for students in need, to help alleviate the financial pressures of the recipients and their families, making their SMU journey a positive and meaningful one.
Last year, the Class 2017, together with their parents and the SMU community, raised over $80,000 to support the SMU Bursary.
As a beneficiary of the Graduation Class Gift 2017, I was extremely grateful for the support it has provided me! Through the generosity and selflessness of my seniors, I could focus on leading a holistic university life by immersing myself in all the enriching school activities that SMU has to offer. It has inspired me to pass on the kindness that I have received through volunteering and knowing that we are not alone. Every small act counts. Make a gift today and impact the lives of tomorrow!
- Lim, Year 4 Student from Lee Kong Chian School of Business
I would like to express my heartiest appreciation to donors. It has been the toughest year for my family and myself. A small act of kindness means a lot to me at this difficult stage. It encourages me in academic pursuit as well as the belief in life. I sincerely hope that I could be a donor in the future too, to make a difference in someone's life.
- Yu, Year 3 Student from School of Accountancy
What is Leave Your Mark?
With a gift of $100 or above, you can leave an inspiring message, a thank-you note or a fun quote on a plaque to be installed at the Seminar Rooms (SRs), where friendships are forged and ideas are exchanged throughout your SMU days.
- Take part in this fun and meaningful activity today with your peers by filling up the form below.
Alumni from the Class of 2017 who supported the campaign
Sample Plaque from the Class of 2017
What CAN I INCLUDE IN MY QUOTE?
You are free to express yourself through a quote of around 100 characters. However, the following types of quotes will not be accepted:
• Quotes that contain defamatory contents against a person or an organization
• Quotes that show political support
• Plagiarised quotes
• Quotes that contain explicit content
• Quotes that are vulgar, inflammatory, threatening, or describe/depict unlawful assault and any other illegal activities
• Product advertisements, marketing and/or promotional content
*Office of Advancement reserves the right to decline any quote that is inappropriate.
We appreciate your adherence to the guidelines, which will help keep SMU a constructive learning and working environment for all our students and stakeholders.
* We welcome one-time gift of any amount from anyone who is willing to support this cause.
**The checkout and payment pages may take some time to load. Please do not go back or refresh the page after submitting your credit card details.
Last updated on 10 May 2018 .